By supporting you in understanding and mitigating the possible risks you may encounter, U of T Safety Abroad is dedicated to supporting safer student experiences abroad. Review the steps below to get started on learning more about what you are required to do in order to travel on university activity, and how U of T Safety Abroad can help you.
Safety Abroad Requirements
Before travelling on university activity abroad, there are certain steps that you must complete.
- Review your destination’s Global Affairs Canada Travel Advisory*
- Complete a Safety Abroad pre-departure workshop
- Secure appropriate and sufficient travel health insurance
- Add your trip to the Safety Abroad Registry
*For travel to higher risk locations, see “Am I going to a Higher Risk Location?” below.
Do the Safety Abroad requirements apply to me?
Yes, if you’re traveling on University Activity! Not sure if you’re traveling on university activity?
University activity is defined as any of the following:
- Activity that is funded in part or in whole by the university
- Activity that is organized, sanctioned, or administered by the university
- Activity which provides participants with academic credit