U of T Safety Abroad supports the University community in managing risks pertaining to student travel internationally and offer supports to students while they are abroad.
What is Safety Abroad
U of T Safety Abroad supports students and activity sponsors by:
- Providing direction to the University in regards to managing risk pertaining to student travel abroad;
- Offering students support in understanding risks associated with the location of their international activity
and working with students to develop measures to mitigate those risks;
- Monitoring situations abroad and advising students on any emerging issues;
- Providing emergency support when regional or personal emergencies arise.
Review our Off-campus
What does it mean for me
Complete the Safety Abroad requirements:
- Complete the Safety Abroad pre-departure workshop.
- Review your destination’s Global Affairs Canada travel advisory*.
- Secure appropriate and sufficient Travel Health Insurance.
- Register on the Safety Abroad Registry & read through and sign the Consent and Terms of Participation waiver forms.
- *(For travel to higher risk regions: Consult with the Safety Abroad Advisor and complete a Safety Planning Record).